2019 Countywide Plan Update
An updated Countywide Plan took effect on October 24, 2019. For more information, visit our 2019 Countywide Plan Update page.
Consistency Review Process
Local comprehensive plans and land development regulations are required to be consistent with the future land use categories and standards set forth in the Countywide Rules. Before your local government amends any comprehensive plan or land development code language that addresses a topic covered in the Rules, you will need to submit it to Forward Pinellas for a staff review and consistency determination.
Map Amendment Process
The amendment process is detailed in our Guide to Countywide Plan Map Amendments. All Countywide Plan Map amendment requests must include:
- A completed Countywide Plan Map Amendment Application form;
- A map or map series depicting the current and proposed future land use categories of the subject property and surrounding area;
- A copy of the ordinance being considered by the governing body;
- A copy of the local government staff report and any other pertinent information considered during the local public hearing process;
- A GIS shapefile of the amendment area (if technically feasible);
- A boundary survey (if applicable);
- A development agreement (if applicable); and
- Review against locally-adopted Coastal High Hazard Area balancing criteria consistent with Countywide Rules Section 184.108.40.206 A-H (if applicable).
Additional requirements for amendments to the Activity Center (AC), Multimodal Corridor (MMC), or Planned Redevelopment District (PRD) category are listed in the Guide. Please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance with the application process.
Countywide Plan Map Amendment Calendar for 2020
Tier I Amendments Table
Public Hearing Procedures