To Be Heard by the MPO on December 13, 2017
- The annual fall update incorporates the new locally adopted transportation work programs into the TIP. Pending approval by the Forward Pinellas Board on December 13, 2017, the new work programs and accompanying maps will be incorporated into the FY 2017/18 – 2021/22 TIP.
Approved by the MPO on November 8, 2017
- FPN# 4344161 – Section 5339(a) Grant for Buses and Bus Facilities Program
Pasco County Public Transportation (PCPT) received a grant from the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) Buses and Bus Facilities Program. The proposed amendment would add $1,293,496 in FY 2017/18 of the TIP. The grant provides funding to replace, rehabilitate and purchase buses and related equipment and facilities. As the Pinellas County MPO, Forward Pinellas functions as a “designated recipient” for transit-related funds for the portion of Pasco County in the Tampa-St. Petersburg Urbanized Area. The TIP amendment is needed for PCPT to receive federal authorization for the grant. The funding source is the FTA-administered Grants for Bus and Bus Facilities Program (49 U.S.C. Section 5339/FAST Action Section 3017).
- FPN# 4343671 – Urbanized Area Formula Funding Program Section 5307 Grant
The Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority (TBARTA) received a grant from the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) Section 5307 Urbanized Area Formula Funding program. The proposed amendment would add $705,826 in FY 2017/18 of the TIP. The grant provides funding for transit capital and operating assistance in urbanized areas and for transportation-related planning. As the Pinellas County MPO, Forward Pinellas is the designated recipient for TBARTA for FTA Section 5307 Urbanized Area Formula Funding. The TIP amendment is needed for TBARTA to receive federal authorization for the grant. The funding source is the Urbanized Area Formula Funding program (49 U.S.C. Section 5307)
- FPN# 4305001 – Bridge Replacement Project on SR 687/4th Street North from South of I-275/SR 93 to North of 119th Avenue
This proposed amendment adds $681,000 in FY 2017/18 for the Project Design and Environment (PD&E) and design phases of a bridge replacement project on SR 687/4th Street North from south of I-275/SR 93 to north of 119th Avenue. Map
Approved by the MPO on October 11, 2017
- Roll Forward TIP Amendments – The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is requesting that Forward Pinellas, in its role as the Metropolitan Planning Organization, approve the attached Annual Roll-Forward Amendment to the adopted TIP to reconcile year one of the TIP with the FDOT Work Program. The FY 2017/18 through 2021/22 TIP will take effect on October 1, 2017. Until then, the FY 2016/17 through 2020/21 TIP will be used by FHWA and FTA for authorization of funds. This is a routine annual process to assist Forward Pinellas in identifying projects that were not committed in the previous Fiscal Year (2016/17) and have automatically rolled into FY 2017/18 of the FDOT Work Program. This amendment ensures that year one of the FY 2017/18 – 2021/22 TIP, adopted by the Board on June 14, 2017, matches year one of the FDOT Work Program. The affected projects submitted for approval are listed in the attached Roll Forward Report and letter from FDOT requesting the Annual Roll-Forward Amendment to the TIP.