If you want to serve on the front lines of integrating land use and transportation planning here at Forward Pinellas, we have two opportunities right now to join our team.
Forward Pinellas is hiring for two planning roles: a junior-level urban planning analyst or planner and a senior-level active transportation planner.
The Urban Planning Analyst or Planner (click to apply):
- Would work primarily on land use and redevelopment, with a focus on reviewing, analyzing and coordinating land use map amendments for consistency with the Countywide Plan
- Will assist local governments with planning related inquiries by explaining policies and regulations, providing information, and offering guidance regarding application procedures
- The ideal candidate should have an interest and/or experience in land use planning, redevelopment, and intergovernmental coordination,
- The ability to create graphic designs, use mapping and graphic software to illustrate and present studies or analysis, and/or render site plans via sketches or graphics is highly desirable
- Position closes December 6, 2019
The Active Transportation Planner (click to apply):
- Is responsible for the development and implementation of the Forward Pinellas Active Transportation Plan, as well as other bicycle/pedestrian projects in Pinellas County and the region
- Will provide public outreach and staff support to the Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in transportation planning with an emphasis on bicycle and pedestrian travel, as well as experience in long range transportation and/or comprehensive planning, environmental justice, complete streets, citizen engagement, and intergovernmental coordination
- Position closes this Friday, November 15, 2019
More information, including salary ranges and specific qualifications, are available at the job application links above.