- This event has passed.
Gateway Master Plan First Open House
May 10 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
6-8 p.m., St. Petersburg College Epicenter, 13805 58th St N, Clearwater, Room 2-304
Please join Forward Pinellas, Agency Partners and their consultant team, led by WRT, for the first Open House to launch the Gateway Master Planning process. RSVP through EventBrite
Over the next 18 months, the study team will explore opportunities to:
- Improve regional transportation connections
- Relieve congestion on state roads by creating a network of local roads
- Safely accommodate all modes of transportation including bicycles and pedestrians
- Support transit-oriented development and consider the feasibility of a future transit center
- Redevelop existing industrial sites
- Provide affordable housing
- Strengthen resiliency (economic, social, and environmental)
In terms that matter to residents’ daily lives, the Gateway Master Plan is about creating a vibrant, livable area that continues to attract jobs and includes multiple options get to work and other destinations safely and conveniently.
The format of the meeting will be a brief presentation by WRT-led planning and design team where participants will have an opportunity to learn about the process, preview existing conditions, and participate in an open house where all stakeholders will have an opportunity to ask questions and share their vision for the future of the Gateway.
For more information about the process:
Chelsea Favero, AICP