PINELLAS COUNTY, FL —- Forward Pinellas Board adopted the 2021 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) on June 9, 2021, which reflects the transportation projects that are slated for state and federal funding throughout Pinellas County. The TIP includes priority roadway projects, bicycle and pedestrian projects, transit projects, and many more.
You can easily view where these projects are happening by checking out the Interactive TIP Tool! With this map, you can quickly find projects happening near you. Search or select individual projects in the search bar or select a multitude of projects by project type (Bicycle Lanes and Trails, Roadway Improvements, Sidewalks, etc.), construction completion date, or project manager (FDOT, Pinellas County). The newly updated Interactive TIP tool also includes metrics on project costs, project phases, and more.
Some of the notable projects included in the TIP this year include:
- Complete Streets treatments on Skinner Blvd from Alt 19 to Bass Blvd.
- Intersection improvements at Alt 19/Bayshore and Curlew/Causeway Blvd.
- Construction funding for improvements along Drew Street from Osceola Ave to US 19
- Construction funding for bicycle/pedestrian improvements along 28thSt from the Pinellas Trail to 1st Ave N
- Design funding for bicycle/pedestrian improvements along Central Ave from 34thto 31st Streets
- Construction funding for sidewalks near North Shore Elementary School in St. Petersburg
Those are just some of many of the upcoming projects that are scheduled in the 2021/22-2025/26 TIP and available for viewing within the Interactive TIP Tool.
For more information on the Transportation Improvement Program, visit bit.ly/TIPprogram