If you’ve ever wondered when those rumored bike lanes near your house will get built, or when the next interchange on U.S. 19 might be funded for construction, a new Forward Pinellas mapping tool can help you find out with the click of a mouse.
Each year, Forward Pinellas updates the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP): a list of projects throughout the county slated to receive state and federal funding over the next five years. It’s one of our core work products – every metropolitan planning organization needs to create one to receive and track funding for priority projects.
This year, we developed an interactive version of the TIP, a map that allows the user to view and learn more about the next five years of transportation projects. The map includes information such as the project start date, what stage the project is in, such as construction, preliminary engineering, total project cost and more, viewable just by clicking on the project.
You can filter projects in the Interactive TIP by six categories, visible as tabs on the map:
- ATMS/ITS: This tab details the county and state Advanced and Intelligent Traffic Management Systems throughout Pinellas County, which allow for better timed signals and faster responses to incidents to support better traffic flow countywide.
- Roadways: This includes the county and state roadway projects, intersection improvements, road construction/reconstruction, and bridge projects throughout Pinellas County.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian: This tab includes county and state sidewalk, trail, bicycle facilities, and pedestrian overpass projects throughout Pinellas County.
- All County Projects: This tab includes all ATMS/ITS, roadway, and bicycle and pedestrian projects throughout Pinellas County that are either partially or totally funded by the county itself.
- All State Projects: This tab includes all ATMS/ITS, roadway, and bicycle and pedestrian projects throughout Pinellas County that are either partially or totally funded by the Florida Department of Transportation.
- All Projects: This tab includes all ATMS/ITS, roadway, and bicycle and pedestrian projects throughout Pinellas County that are either partially or totally funded by the Florida Department of Transportation and/or Pinellas County.
If you would like more information about the Interactive TIP, please contact Jared Austin at email@example.com
Note: Projects included in the Interactive TIP are only major transportation projects throughout Pinellas County that are identified and funded in the TIP. The Interactive TIP is only updated twice annually in coordination with the Fall and Summer (Annual) update to the TIP. Projects identified in the Interactive TIP may be completed, dropped, deferred, etc. before the Fall or Summer update to the TIP and therefore those changes may not be reflected in the Interactive TIP. The Interactive TIP is for visualization purposes only. More detailed information about each project identified in the interactive TIP can be found here.